Canada Research Chair (Tier 2) in Population Health Modeling and Associate Professor, McGill University.
- Dr. Mathieu Maheu-Giroux is a public health researcher with research interests spanning population health, epidemiology, and infectious diseases. His recent work has focused on impact evaluations of public health interventions, measurements and disease burden assessments, and behavioural interventions to control infectious diseases. Other research interests include: mathematical modeling, cost-effectiveness analysis, and Bayesian statistics.
- Dr. Maheu-Giroux joined the McGill Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Occupational Health in 2017 as an Assistant Professor. He previously worked as a researcher at Imperial College London after completing his Doctor of Science at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. Dr. Maheu- Giroux has international field experience in Tanzania, Peru, and Chile, and has published in journals including the International Journal of Drug Policy, AIDS and Behavior, and the American Journal of Epidemiology.
- Global Health
- Measurements and Disease Burden
- Infectious Disease Epidemiology
- Impact Evaluation
- Population Health
- Bayesian Statistics
- Cost-Effectiveness Analysis
- HIV and other STI
- Mathematical Modeling