Dr Kevin A. Brown is a scientist in health protection at Public Health Ontario.
Areas of Expertise
- hospital-acquired infection
- C. difficile
- health services research
- Associate Professor, Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto
Academic Degrees and Accreditations
- Doctor of Philosophy (Epidemiology), Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto
Master of Science (Biostatistics), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
PHO Research Interests
- Validating medico-administrative and electronic medical record data.
- Identifying facility factors that drive hospital-acquired infection rates.
- Describing patient movement between healthcare facilities and the community.
- Statistical methods for measuring risk factor magnitude and duration.
PHO Research Activities
- Measuring the microbial burden of C. difficile spores on hospital surfaces and in the air and its role in onward transmission of C. difficile and using this information to inform infection control practice.
- Understanding how health care facility antibiotic prescribing patterns and interfacility patient movement impacts the incidence and spread of hospital acquired infections in Ontario.