A full-sized version of the original can be ordered here.
The questions explored on Map 6 – Do computers have to be conscious to think?
- Can computers be conscious?
- Is consciousness necessary for thought?
- Is the consciousness requirement solipsistic?
- Can higher-order representations produce consciousness?
- Can functional states generate consciousness?
- Does physicalism show that computers can be conscious?
- Does the connection principle show that consciousness is necessary for thought?
: The relation between consciousness, thinking and mentality is itself a subject of debate, some of which is represented in the argumentation around this position.