Although researchers are working to develop superintelligent computers that will exceed the capabilities of an individual human, a number of futurists believe that we will not be superseded by such machines. Instead, humans and their technologies are more likely to merge into a new meta-species. This meta-species could well be called Sapiens plurum, the Wisdom of Many.
Various Sapiens plurum will associate themselves with and via one or more of the superintelligences under development. Each will include many humans, groups and other entities.
The function of this open website is to:
- Build global wisdom
- Identify and describe the emerging structures and consequences of superintelligent computers, robots, Internet, Internet of Things all as part of Sapiens plurum
- Project future benefits and undesirable outcomes
- Develop proposals for interventions to improve our future
- Coalesce teams to take action
- Monitor the results of actions taken
For more information about the concept and research on evolving meta-intelligence, see the Global Brain Institute