Grace Y. Yi is a professor at the University of Western Ontario where she currently holds a Tier I Canada Research Chair in Data Science.
- Professor Yi received her Ph.D. in Statistics from the University of Toronto in 2000 and then joined the University of Waterloo as a postdoctoral fellow (2000-2001), Assistant Professor (2001-2004), Associate Professor (2004-2010), Professor (2010-2019), and University Research Chair (2011-2018).
- Professor Yi is a Fellow of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics (IMS), a Fellow of the American Statistical Association (ASA), and an Elected Member of the International Statistical Institute (ISI). In 2010, Professor Yi received the prestigious Centre de Recherches Mathmatiques and the Statistical Society of Canada (CRM-SSC) Prize, which recognizes a statistical scientist's excellence and accomplishments in research during the first fifteen years after earning their doctorate.
- Professor Yi was a recipient of the University Faculty Award (2004-2009) granted by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC). Her work with Xianming Tan and Runze Li won The Canadian Journal of Statistics Award in 2016.
- Professor Yi has served the professions in various capacities. She was the Editor-in-Chief of The Canadian Journal of Statistics (2016-2018), and is currently the Editor of Statistical Methodology Section for The New England Journal of Statistics in Data Science. She was the President of the Biostatistics Section of the Statistical Society of Canada in 2016 and the Founder of the first chapter (Canada Chapter, established in 2012) of International Chinese Statistical Association. She takes on the Presidency of the Statistical Society of Canada for the period of 2020-2022.
- She is recognized as one of the influential women in Statistics