Postulates of Situated Action (Suchman, 1987)
1. "Situated actions... [are] actions taken in the context of particular concrete circumstances" p.vii-ix.
2. "All activity, even the most analytic, is fundamentally concrete and embodied" p. viii.
3 Even "purposeful actions are inevitably situated action" p. ix.
4. No action is ever fully anticipated by plans because the "circumstances of our actions... are continuously changing around us" p. ix.
5. All "our actions, while systematic, are never planned in the strong sense" p. ix.
6. All or most life is "primarily ad hoc acitivity" p.ix.