A full-sized version of the original can be ordered here.
The questions explored in Map 7 – Are thinking computers mathematically possible?
- Is mechanistic philosophy valid?
- Does Gödel's theorem show that machines can't think?
- Does Gödel's theorem show that machines can't be conscious?
- Do mathematical theorems like Gödel's show that computers are intrinsically limited?
- Does Gödel's theorem show that mathematical insight is non-algorithmic?
- Can automata think?
- Is the Lucas argument dialectical?
- Can improved machines beat the Lucas argument?
- Is the use of consistency in the Lucas argument problematic?
- Other Lucas arguments