The Summit’s objectives are to address the following:
- Use of existing health data, in conjunction with Statistics Canada data;
- Expand access to restricted health data to the academic community;
- Bridge researchers from Science to Social Sciences and other disciplines;
- Expand connections from academia to epidemiologists and other health data users;
- Discuss existing structures at OCUL to protect and secure health data and metadata mark-up of the data;
- Discuss issues surrounding anonymization of health data.
Additional details and registration information available at the summit website